Версия для слабовидящих transparent_line
Baranovichi district
executive committee
(
fotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_image
Belorussia_map
)
Menu
h_line_delimetr
History Print E-mail

The territory of the region since ancient times attracted people by its good living conditions. This includes rich nature with many rivers, lakes and forests, fertile soils and a beneficial geographical location on the territory of the region crossed the trade routes from Europe to Russia and from Baltic to south countries. That is why the most ancient settlements found on the territory of the regon belonging to the Stone age were situated near Koldychev lake and on the right shore of the river Shara between the villages Dobriy Bor and Koldovichi.

It`s a pity that till our days very few architecture buildings able to shed light on our past have been preserved. But the ones that survived keep many secrets and stories.

On the right shore of a little river Servech in 800 meters to the West from rural settlement Gorodiche in tract Gorodok is situated an archeological monument of Iron Age “Gorodishe”. This monument presents a particular interest because of one of the hypothesis that here was situated the annalistic capital of prince Mindovg- Varuta. Another interesting object is situated on the bank of another river- Myshanka. Preserved since 17th century earth mounds situated near village Staraya Mysh local residents call “royal fortification” although this place has nothing to do with royal family. The appearance of this fortress is connected with the name of an outstanding political and military personality of Great Litovsk Dutchery. Yan King Hadkevich, to whom belonged those lands. But the wooden fortress existed for a short period of time and after year 1660 it was burned by Russian army and wasn’t reconstructed any more. But rows and earth- mounds impress by their size.

Historically our territory as well as the territory of our whole Byelorussia was constantly in the heart of military conflicts that’s why it’s easy to find the reminders of those times. In Stolovichi it’s possible to see a stone with memorable sigh that narrates about the battles between the armies of M. Aginski and A. Suvorova. Though the army of Aginski was more numerous Suvorov undertook the tactics of nocturnal fight and gained victory. For this battle Suvorov got the order of Aleksandr Nevskiy.

Not far from village Milovidy stands a memorable chapel in memory of events that took place here in 1863. 145 years ago here occurred a battle between a regular Russian army and insurgent army of K. Kalinovskiy. This fight could have remained an ordinary one but for the tremendous victory of rebels against well-trained and better equipped Russian army.

The first world war also left its mark on Baranovichi land. Here during 1915-1917 crossed the frontal line that separated the region into two parts. That’s why while walking in the forest it’s easy to find an artillery caponier or a dug-out.

The fighting was fierce and as reminders of that terrible times were preserved the tombs of Russian Soldiers as well as their enemies. But after 80 years our land still opens new unspecified burial sites as it happened for example in 2004 when the soldiers of 52 specialized research battalion discovered a massive burial site of the period of World War the I near village Skrebovo where German troops used gas weapons..

Even greater devastation and greater number of tombs on the territory of Baranovichi left World War the II. On its territory were organized two death-camps in village Lesnaya and Koldychevo by fascists invaders During the period of existence of these two camps fascistic tortured and killed more than 110 thousands of prisoners of war and citizens. The terrible destiny of Chatyn repeated village Zastarinie on May 2, 1943. Peaceful citizens were brutally tortured – 382 people were burned and killed on this bloody day. Out of 115 houses that were there at the beginning of war survived only 19.

The fire whirlwinds swallowed many villages of our region.

In village Kolbovichi out of 85 houses were burnt 80, out of 312 citizens died 162.

In village Pochapovo out of 83 houses were destroyed 64, out from 311 citizens died 41 peole.

In village Adahovshina out of 76 houses 4 were spared by fire. And this mournful list can be continued.

In memory of fellow-citizens and those who died in the camps and on the battle-grounds of Baranovichi land were erected 99 monuments, tombstones, memorial boards.

Annually appear new monuments, open new memorials and tombstones. The memory of those terrible days will be kept alive in the hearts of people for many years.

It’s a pity that in the peaceful time the history of the region is marked with tragic dates.

On May 23, 1996 the evening quietness of the villages Arabovshina and Gatishe was broken by a terrible explosion that broke the life of pilot, lieutenant colonel Vladimir Nikolaevich Karvat, who lead the fighter further away from inhabited regions. For this deed he was awarded the title of the Hero of the Republic of Belarus posthumously.

 
Banner
Contact
Baranovichi district
executive committee
225409, Baranovichi, Sovietskaya str., 79,
e-mail: kanc_brik@barrik.gov.by
h_line_delimetr
Banner
Banner
Baranovichi district
executive committee
225409, Baranovichi, Sovietskaya str., 79,
e-mail: kanc_brik@open.by
Web-site elaboration by
the BRMUE "Centre of Inculcation of Scientific and Technical Researches"
Kamenets Brest Malorita Zhabinka Pruzhany Kobrin Bereza Drogichin Ivatsevichi Ivanovo Baranovichi Liahovichi Gantsevichi Pinsk Luninets Stolin